Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Taylor's Transition


Thought I should share a bit about Taylor since the last few posts were about Aidan.
He misses her when she's at preschool. Unlike Aidan, he's never had to play alone while she's asleep or anything similar. When she's gone, it's weird for him.
I kind of like it. He's clingy, in a good way. Today he asked me to watch cartoons with him and pulled a big blanket over both of us in the oversized chair. He came upstairs with me when I was getting ready and got me a towel for my shower, all on his own. He'll ask 25 times, "Where's Lee Lee?" (that's what he calls her). Then, he answers himself: "She's at 'pee school.'"
These are also the times I notice his growth spurts in different areas. Last week, he got a notepad and pencil and climbed up to the island while I was cleaning the kitchen. He put the pencil to the notepad, looked up at me, and said, "What do you need? Bread? You need eggs?" He started to make a 'list.' I had no idea he even knew what a list was.
The best part of these days is when we go pick up Aidan. Our pickup time happens to be halfway through naptime (I know; it's ridiculous), so we tiptoe in and wake her, then gather all of her things, trying not to talk. Taylor does an awesome job of being quiet around all the sleeping 4 year olds, but my favorite is that every single time Aidan groggily stands up, Taylor gives her a huge hug and whispers (loudly), "Hi, Lee Lee! It's me, Taylor! Hi!" Then they share her leftovers in her lunchbox on the way home. Sure, they'll be fighting over some toy a couple of hours later, but they are glad to see each other for a little while. :-)

No comments: