Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day Trip to Mountains

We took a day trip up to the mountains last Friday to Estes Park. The kids love the drive up with the river alongside the highway and the "tall mountain" (like on Dora). Aidan looks for different colored flowers, and Taylor just made up stories that had us laughing.



We've gone up a few times, but this time we decided to just go to one of the fun parks for the kids. They rode bumper cars, the big banana slide, go karts, played putt putt, and we all got soaked on the bumper boats. Mostly the kids had to take turns riding
with Terry since I wasn't so sure bumping into other cars would be good for the pregnant lady.

Every time we went to a different section of the fun park, Aidan would say, "Are we still in the mountains?" She didn't want to leave.


We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant on the river and then got ice cream, because according to Aidan and Taylor, the ice cream is the most important part of the trip.


I really love my family and feel so blessed on days like this that it doesn't take much for us to just have a really great day.

2 comments:

Hayley Fraser said...

OMgsh. You blogged! Looks like a fun trip. I've been to Estes Park a couple of times and would like to take Macauley there. I should be working tonight, but instead I am blogging about the trip we took to Dallas this past weekend. Now that their assignments are getting more complicated I just don't even want to look at them.

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed. You have the very best and cutest kids I have ever been with. Of course, I, too, am biased, but aren't they just perfect? I can't wait to see what your third is like. I'm already buying outfits for her. Any chance or hint of a name yet? The kids looked like they were having the best time ever. Wish we had done something like that when I was up there on my visit.

Love you,
Ruth