Thursday, July 31, 2008

silly and surprising things the kids are saying...


Me: Taylor, can you throw that wrapper in the trash, please?
taylor: No, I busy.


aidan: Mom, did you know that dinosaurs are exstink?
me: I sure did. Do you know what that means?
aidan: Yes. But are there any dinosaurs in Colorado or Missouri or Springfield? Because I don't like dinosaurs.

taylor (in the pool): Aaaah, aaah (singing). I Ariel, Mom!

aidan: When you die and you go to heaven, mom, don't worry. I'll take care of Taylor for you.


For each one that I remember, there are about three more that I laugh at and then forget. These four things all have happened in the last two days or so. Taylor is in a stage right now where at least a couple of times a day, something comes out of his mouth that I feel like he shouldn't know what it means yet as a two-year-old. Every time anyone around him asks 'why?' right now, he always says, 'Because.' And he leaves it at that. This is interesting to me as a lover of languages and development. He obviously has learned fairly recently that this word is the word that comes after the word "why," but he does not totally understand it yet. He also has, in the last week or so, started speaking in total and complete sentences about 25% of the time. This means he's not leaving out the little prepositions or anything. It's so weird to watch that happen right in front of you. I wish I had paid more attention to when Aidan started doing those things, but I can't remember.

In any case, the obvious rapid development is cute and funny and just another reminder that they are growing up pretty quickly
.

No comments: